Public Health Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 8th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$115.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Now in its 8th edition, the "gold standard" in community health nursing provides comprehensive and up-to-date content to keep you at the forefront of the ever-changing community health climate and prepare you for an effective nursing career. In addition to a solid foundation in concepts and interventions for individuals, families, and communities, you will find real-life applications of the public nurse's role, Healthy People 2020 initiatives, new chapters on forensics and genomics, plus timely coverage of disaster management and important client populations such as pregnant teens, the homeless, immigrants, and more.
New to This Edition
- Linking Content to Practice boxes provide real-life applications for chapter content.
- NEW! Healthy People 2020 feature boxes highlight the goals and objectives for promoting health and wellness over the next decade.
- NEW! The Nurse in Forensics chapter focuses on the unique role of forensic nurses in public health and safety, interpersonal violence, mass violence, and disasters.
- NEW! Genomics in Public Health Nursing chapter includes a history of genetics and genomics and their impact on public/community health nursing care.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes illustrate how the latest research findings apply to public/community health nursing.
- Separate chapters on disease outbreak investigation and disaster management describe the nurse's role in surveilling public health and managing these types of threats to public health.
- Separate unit on the public/community health nurse's role describes the different roles and functions of the public/community health nurse within the community.
- Levels of Prevention boxes show how community/public health nurses deliver health care interventions at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of prevention.
- What Do You Think?, Did You Know?, and How To? boxes use practical examples and critical thinking exercises to illustrate chapter content.
- The Cutting Edge highlights significant issues and new approaches to community-oriented nursing practice.
- Practice Application provides case studies with critical thinking questions.
- Separate chapters on community health initiatives thoroughly describe different approaches to promoting health among populations.
- Appendixes offer additional resources and key information, such as screening and assessment tools and clinical practice guidelines.
By Marcia Stanhope, RN, DSN, FAAN, The Good Samaritan Professor and Chair in Community Health Nursing, College of Nursing, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY