Orthodontics - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
The world's bestselling orthodontics reference, Graber's Orthodontics offers all the essentials of orthodontic care -- from diagnosis to treatment. This edition includes the latest evidence-based research and concepts of today's orthodontics, with coverage of treatment methods ranging from basic to highly complex situations. Written by a team of world-renowned authors, this book offers practical information that you can use every day.
New to This Edition
- New case studies complement most chapters and demonstrate the most current techniques being utilized in the field today.
- New information on the orthodontist's function on a craniofacial team offers discussion of the orthodontist's role in a larger process; this content comes from new author Dr. Katherine W.L. Vig, an expert on craniofacial teams.
- Section on genetics promotes understanding of how genetic factors, in concert with environmental factors, influence the development of malocclusion.
- Chapter on cranial morphology adds another important concept that orthodontists must take into consideration when planning treatments.
- Indirect bonding content explains the system that has been developed, discusses its advantages, and presents step-by-step instructions on how to understand and utilize the process and materials.
- Coverage of fiber-reinforced composite (FRC) applications provides the reader with knowledge of this important topic.
- Chapter on SPEED appliance and philosophy presents a comprehensive discussion of self-ligating brackets and informs readers how the appliance transcends limitations and provides efficiency and precision tooth positioning.
- Distraction osteogenesis information clarifies the use of this method to minimize or avoid potential complications with proper preoperative planning and execution.
- Material on retention appliances is expanded, allowing readers the opportunity to learn more about the process of determining patient suitability for them.
- The brand new full-color design and the addition of full-color
- Chapter on In-Ovation Brackets updates information on fully adjusted appliances with specific evaluation of the appliance's advantages and an exemplary case study.
- Comprehensive coverage of multiple appliances and materials in orthodontics today ensures that the readers learn everything they need to know for their own practice.
- World-renowned orthodontic researcher, academic, and practitioner contributions add credibility and expertise to each chapter of the text, making it an authoritative resource.
- Extensive references allow readers to delve further into orthodontic research or study topics related to the evidence-based research presented in each chapter.
- Tables and boxes throughout the text offer streamlined information from the text and elaborate on the concepts illustrated in the figures.
- The extensive collection of illustrations and clinical photographs demonstrate case studies and treatment options in detail, offering visual evidence of orthodontic techniques, problems, and solutions.
By Thomas M. Graber, DMD, MSD, PhD, OdontDr, DSc, ScD, MD, FDSRCS(Eng), Director, Kenilworth Dental Research Foundation, Clinival Professor, Orthodontics, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, Former Professor and Chairman, Section of Orthodontics, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL; Editor-in-Chief, World Orthodontic Journal; Editor-in-Chief, American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics; Recipent, Albert H. Ketcham Award, Recipent, AAO Distinguished Service Award, Recipient, Joseph Jarabak International Teaching and Research Award, Recipient, MSO Outstanding Teacher Award, Recipient, Mershon and Hellman Lecture Award, Recipient, Heritage Lecture Award; Robert L. Vanarsdall, Jr., DDS, Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania; Staff, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Albert Einstein Medical Center, and the Medical College of Pennsylvania; Co-editor, Journal of Adult Orthodontics and Orthognathic Surgery; Private Practice, Philadelphia, PA and Katherine W. L. Vig, BDS, MS, FDS(RCS), DOrth, Professor and Chair, Section of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH