Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 for Psychiatric Nursing, 6th Edition
Learn to apply classroom learning through work in a realistic virtual hospitalTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Virtual Clinical Excursions Pacific View Regional Hospital is a groundbreaking workbook/CD-ROM package that brings learning to life in a “virtual” hospital setting. This guided learning experience features textbook reading assignments that correspond with the CD-ROM and workbook activities. The workbook acts as a map, guiding students through the virtual hospital as they care for patients in the virtual hospital to help students make connections between what they experience through the CD-ROM and what they’ve learned in their textbook. Each virtual hospital visit allows the student to access realistic information resources essential to patient care resulting in a true-to-life, hands-on learning experience.
- Online workbook includes a set of lessons to prepare and guide you through a variety of patient scenarios, which are all connected to your textbook.
- Physical examination interactions include unique images and assessment findings for each patient scenario.
- Patient chart provides quick access to vital information such as physician’s orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
- Electronic patient record houses data from the patient’s entire hospital stay and offers the ability to record new data findings.
- Nurse-client interaction videos depict conversations and situations involving nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
- Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments involving medication administration.
- Includes 6 unique new patients/cases, each with complex conditions for students to care for and monitor within the virtual hospital.
- A new Medication Room that introduces students to a wide variety of drug storage areas, such as a Unit Dosage Cabinet, Automated Dispensing System, IV Storage, and a Refrigerator.
- A medication administration feature enables users to select, prepare, and administer medications, reinforcing the precepts of safe medication in a harm-free environment.
- Over 50 common medication errors imbedded within the software to boost clinical realism and prepare students for current practice.
- Greater faculty support with the addition of the Fac Pac, a new instructors’ website, and a radically expanded testing component.
- A drug guide provides complete drug monographs for all medications used within the program.
By Norman L. Keltner, EdD, RN, CRNP, Professor, School of Nursing, University of Alabama - Birmingham, Birmingham, AL