The Harriet Lane Handbook, 19th Edition
Mobile Medicine Series, Expert Consult: Online and Print
Trusted by generations of residents and practitioners, The Harriet Lane Handbook from The Johns Hopkins University remains your first choice for fast, accurate information on pediatric diagnosis and treatment. Now even more convenient to carry, it’s your go-to resource for a wealth of practical information, including the latest treatment and management recommendations, immunization schedules, procedures, and therapeutic guidelines, as well as a unique, comprehensive drug formulary. New information on dermatology treatments, eczema complications, lead poisoning, and signs of child abuse keeps you completely up to date. You’ll also have easy access to the entire contents online, with frequent updates to drug information, treatment protocols, vaccination schedules, and downloadable images at www.expertconsult.com.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Rely on the most dependable drug information available with the thoroughly updated, one-of-a-kind pediatric formulary.
- Ensure accurate and efficient diagnosis and treatment with all-new coverage of dermatology treatments, eczema complications, and lead poisoning, as well as new CDC immunization schedules, vaccine abbreviations, and full-color images of the signs of child abuse.
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, including frequent updates to the trusted and comprehensive Pediatric Drug Formulary.
Carry it more easily in your pocket with its smaller, more concise format - still delivering the same high-quality information you can refer to with confidence, but in a more convenient size.
- Benefit from time-tested, practical wisdom - from the first book written "by residents, for residents," reviewed by expert faculty at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and essential for all health care professionals who treat children.
- Find information quickly and easily, even in the most demanding circumstances, with a modified outline format.
"The Harriet Lane Handbookis the key portable resource for pediatric resident physicians. It contains management algorithms for all major pediatric disease processes and an extensive updated pharmacy with accurate pediatric dosing recommendations. This is supposed to be the "pearl book" for pediatric house officers, and many pediatric training programs provide this to their residents. The updated version is always necessary due to changes in the formulary section, infectious disease sections, and the current vaccination schedule guidelines, which do change from year to year." - Rebecca Hutchings, MD(Ochsner Clinic Foundation), Excerpts from Doody’s review service, Rating - 4 Stars!
By Johns Hopkins Hospital; Kristin Arcara, Children’s Medical and Surgical Center of The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
and Megan Tschudy, MD, Children’s Medical and Surgical Center of The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland