Craig's Restorative Dental Materials - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 12th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This comprehensive exploration of restorative dental materials presents everything readers need to know to correctly use dental materials in the clinic and dental laboratory, from fundamental concepts to advanced skills. The scientific basis for technical procedures and manipulation of materials is provided, and the book's problem-solving approach focuses on applying new information to practical situations. At the end of each chapter, a case-based scenario presents the opportunity to work through problems and verify solutions. Extensive figures and tables of data throughout the book clarify the text.
New to This Edition
- A new chapter on Dental Implants thoroughly discusses implant materials, coatings, and textures, and cell and bone interaction.
- A new chapter on Tissue Engineering presents the history of tissue engineering and addresses the different methods of engineering tissue, as well as clinical applications for dentistry and other disciplines.
- Mind Maps - key words and images from each chapter - are provided in the appendix and on the accompanying Evolve site to help readers remember and review material.
- Comprehensive information on restorative dental materials provides insight into both the fundamentals and the latest practical knowledge in the field.
- Problem-solving approach presents cases with solutions at the end of each chapter, providing an opportunity to apply and test important principles.
- Thoroughly revised content includes the latest information on: optical, thermal, and electrical properties; mechanical properties; preventive materials; composites; and impression materials.
- The latest standards in the field are covered, including biocompatibility and standards of dental materials.
- Easy-to-follow organization progresses according to the way in which material is most often taught in dental schools.
- An appendix contains useful references such as weights and measurements, conversion tables, metric weights, and more.
- Each chapter concludes with a list of references for further reading, divided by topic sections.
By John M. Powers, PhD, Senior Vice President and Editor, The Dental Advisor, Dental Consultants, Inc., Ann Arbor, Michigan; Professor of Oral Biomaterials, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, Houston, Texas and Ronald L. Sakaguchi, DDS, PhD, Associate Dean for Technology and Innovation, Professor, Biomaterials & Biomechanics, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, USA