Comprehensive Radiographic Pathology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$98.95|
|Print - Paperback||$98.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Covering the disease processes most frequently diagnosed with medical imaging, Comprehensive Radiographic Pathology, 5th Edition provides the essential pathology knowledge needed to produce quality radiographic images. It includes a general overview of physiology, and covers disorders and injuries by body system with descriptions of the pathology, its radiographic appearance, and treatment. Now in full color, this reference includes the latest information on CT, MRI, SPECT, PET, ultrasound, and nuclear medicine, plus the always-popular Radiographer Notes with tips for digital imaging and patient care. Expert authors Ronald L. Eisenberg and Nancy M. Johnson provide complete preparation for the classroom and for clinical practice!
New to This Edition
- Updated content prepares you for today's practice with the latest on morbidity, mortality, and epidemiology; invasive squamous cell carcinoma; scoliosis; joint replacements; chest tubes and lines; MRSA (antibiotic-resistant staph infection); systemic and highly infectious diseases; more on fusion imaging, CT, MRI, SPECT, PET and correlation with radiography; new CT/MR images for correlation with radiographs; and Radiographer Notes updated with digital imaging information.
- NEW full-color illustrations are added, and updated images add realistic detail for MRI, CT, sonography, and fusion PET/CT.
- NEW Mosby's Radiography Online: Radiographic Pathology course enhances your understanding with interactive learning including animations, video clips, and narrated slide shows.
- Comprehensive coverage helps you produce optimal images by understanding disease processes and their radiographic appearance.
- High-quality radiographs and images clearly demonstrate the clinical manifestations of different disease processes and represent the quality images needed in radiography practice.
- A body systems approach makes it easy to locate and study information, with each chapter describing general physiology and then explaining various pathologic conditions and their radiographic appearance and treatment.
- A discussion of specialized imaging techniques includes the full range of imaging modalities that may be needed to ensure correct diagnosis of pathologies, including ultrasound, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, nuclear medicine, single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), or positron emission tomography (PET).
- Treatment sections explain the most likely treatment for each pathology along with its prognosis
- Radiographer Notes include tips for producing optimal radiographs along with patient management recommendations.
- Summary Findings tables offer a quick reference to related pathologies, including location in the body, radiographic appearances, and treatments.
- Study aids include an outline, key terms, objectives, and review questions for every chapter.
- Useful appendices include an extensive glossary, list of major prefixes, roots, and suffixes with definitions and examples.
By Ronald L. Eisenberg, MD, JD, FACR, Chairman of Radiology, Highland General Hospital, Oakland, CA; Clinical Professor of Radiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA; and University of California at Davis, Sacramento, CA and Nancy M. Johnson, BA, RT(R)(CV)(CT)(QM),MEd, Faculty, Medical Radiography Program, Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ