Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics - E-Book, 4th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Hardback||$164.00|
Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics, 4th Edition is a comprehensive, user-friendly text that offers dental students and practitioners an excellent opportunity to understand the basic principles of fixed prosthodontics. This text provides a strong foundation in basic science, followed by practical step-by-step clinical applications. Procedures are presented in an organized, systematic format, and are illustrated by over 3,000 clear, high-quality drawings and photographs, now in full-color. The material is logically divided into sections that cover planning and preparation, clinical procedures, and laboratory procedures. The text also includes two invaluable appendices that provide an updated list of dental materials and equipment, as well as a guide to manufacturers.
New to This Edition
- Full color design that creates an immediate visual impact and will help to better illustrate concepts
- Classification System for Partial Edentulism
- Extensive changes have been made to the content and illustrations of many chapters
- New and re-shot "step-by-step" illustrations.
- Updates in Implant-Supported Fixed Prosthesis including new illustrations and discussion on contemporary practice
- Chapters that focus on the essential aspects of prosthodontics and provide the information needed in day-to-day practice.
- Greatly expanded section on dental esthetics, focusing specifically on achieving the optimal cosmetic result for the patient.
- Expanded information on resin luting agents.
- Updates including a variety of new illustrations showing the effects of long-term follow-up.
- Follows ADEA curriculum guidelines for fixed prosthodontics
- Features hundreds of step-by-step procedures
- Integrates basic science with clinical applications
- End-of-chapter glossaries consistent with the most recent edition of The Glossary of Prosthodontic Terms (see above)
- Text boxes scattered throughout present quick facts and tips about selected artwork
- Selected key terms presented at the beginning of each chapter and set in bold type within the text facilitates rapid information retrieval
- Essay format study questions offer the reader an opportunity to test his or her knowledge and comprehension after reading each chapter
- Updated references support concepts presented in each chapter.
- Valuable appendices on dental materials/equipment and manufacturers.
- 15 contributors collaborate with the editors to present up-to-date information and state-of-the-art techniques in prosthodontics.
By Stephen F. Rosenstiel, BDS, MSD, Professor and Chair, Section of Restorative Dentistry, Prosthodontics and Endodontics, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Columbus, OH; Martin F. Land, DDS, MSD, Professor and Chair, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Southern Illinois University, School of Dental Medicine, Alton, IL and Junhei Fujimoto, DDS, MSD, DDSc, Part-Time Lecturer, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Director of J. F. Occlusion and Prosthodontic, Postgraduate Course, Private Practice, Tokyo, Japan