Drug Calculations - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 9th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$79.95|
|Print - Paperback||$79.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Covering the ratio and proportion method of drug calculations, Drug Calculations: Ratio and Proportion Problems for Clinical Practice, 9th Edition provides clear, step-by-step explanations and concise examples to ensure safety and accuracy. Unique to this book, a "proof" step in the answer key lets you double-check your calculation results to avoid medication errors. Safety is also addressed through the inclusion of Quality & Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) information and with features such as Clinical Alerts and High Alert drug icons calling attention to situations in actual practice that have resulted in drug errors. Written by Meta Brown Seltzer and Joyce Mulholland, this text includes extensive hands-on practice with calculation problems, critical thinking exercises, worksheets, and assessment tests. And to boost your proficiency, a companion Evolve website adds more than 600 additional practice problems.
New to This Edition
- Current recommendations from The Joint Commission and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices help reduce medication errors and promote patient safety.
- Quality & Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) information highlights ways to reduce medication errors.
- A high-risk medication icon calls attention to medications that have the most potential to cause harm to patients.
- Updated, full-color drug labels and equipment photos (including pumps and IV equipment) show what you will encounter in the clinical setting.
- The ratio and proportion method provides a logical, accurate, and consistent method of drug calculation.
- Step-by-step format for each problem includes a unique "proof" step in the answer key to ensure that you understand the solution.
- Clinical Alerts highlight potential and common drug calculation errors.
- Critical thinking exercises help you apply analytical skills and drug calculations to clinical practice.
- A patient safety chapter enhances your understanding of drug labels, medication administration forms, and physician's order forms.
- Over 1,100 practice problems offer the extensive practice you need to become proficient in drug calculations.
- Multiple-choice worksheets within each chapter help you prepare for the NCLEX examination.
- Worksheets follow each chapter section for additional practice and application of drug calculations.
- Chapter Finals and a Comprehensive Final let you evaluate your mastery of drug calculations.
By Meta Brown, RN, Med, Retired Colonel, U.S. Army Field Hospital; Nursing Education Consultant; Former Director, Division of Nursing, Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ and Joyce L. Mulholland, RNP, Nursing Education Consultant, Tucson, AZ