Mosby's Essentials for Nursing Assistants - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$53.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Ideal for shorter, more focused courses, this concise text provides coverage of the concepts and skills that are essential for becoming a nursing assistant. It clearly and logically presents the responsibilities of the nursing assistant in a readable, highly visual format that appeals to learners of all levels.
New to This Edition
- Focus On the Pride boxes emphasize Personal and professional responsibility, Rights and respect, Independence and social interaction, Delegation and teamwork, and Ethics and Laws providing a convenient overview of key elements of the nursing assistant's responsibilities in providing competent patient care, and reminds readers that this caregiver role is one they can take pride in performing.
- Focus on Communication boxes includes guidelines for how to communicate most clearly to residents/patients and how to avoid making them feel uncomfortable emphasizing the importance of good communication while providing practical tips.
- Key Abbreviations are now listed at the beginning of each chapter to help familiarize readers with commonly used abbreviations.
- Includes three new chapters on Preventing Falls; Safely Handling, Moving, and Transferring the Person; and Mental Health Problems.
- Written at a clear, readable 7th grade reading level.
- More than 500 full-color illustrations highlight key concepts and procedures providing a clear, visual explanation of concepts and actions.
- Covers over 75 procedures, divided into pre-procedure, procedure, and post-procedure sections for easier learning.
- Chapter Review Questions at the end of each chapter help readers reinforce and evaluate what they've learned.
- Caring About Culture boxes contain information to help readers learn about the practices and beliefs of other cultures.
- Persons with Dementia boxes outline special factors to consider when caring for persons with dementia.
- NNAAP in select procedure title bars alerts readers to skills that are part of the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program.
- UNIQUE! Mosby's Nursing Assistant CD-ROM, bound in the text, includes 25 procedures with corresponding video clips & exercises, an audio glossary, and Body Spectrum - an electronic anatomy coloring book.
By Sheila A. Sorrentino, RN, MSN, PhD, Curriculum and Health Care Consultant, Anthem, AZ; Leighann Remmert, BSN, RN, Clinical Instructor, Capital Area School of Practical Nursing, Springfield, IL and Bernie Gorek, RNC, GNP, MA, NHA, BS, Gerontology Consultant, New England, ND