Instrumentation for the Operating Room, 8th Edition
A Photographic Manual
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$74.95|
With more than 1,000 photographs of surgical instruments and instrument tips in the book and online, Instrumentation for the Operating Room: A Photographic Manual, 8th Edition, shows more illustrations than any other manual. Instruments are organized by surgical specialty, beginning with basic sets and progressing to more advanced sets. Instructions on preparation, sterilization, and setup, as well as clear explanations for common surgical procedures can be found throughout the book. Within each chapter, instruments are commonly featured individually and as parts of sets, often showing close-up, individual tips. Written by an experienced perioperative nurse, Shirley Tighe, this edition includes new photographs of the operating room and of robotic and micro-surgical instruments, plus a companion Evolve website with additional photographs, flashcards, and review questions.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- 75 new photographs show individual instruments and sets of instruments, including tips.
- Full operating room photographs are included in Operating Room Suite/Basic Laparotomy chapter.
- More than 25 new photographs of instrument tips are included in The da Vinci® Surgical System and EndoWrist® Instruments (Robotic Instruments) chapter.
- Before-and-after radiograph images show a total ankle prosthesis, spinal rodding, and femoral artery blockage.
- Definitions, procedures, and possible equipment needed for a procedure are included in almost every chapter.
- A companion Evolve website features over 200 photographs of less-common instruments; flashcards; and more than 280 review questions.
- Over 800 photographs of both individual and sets of instruments, including whole instruments and instrument tips, help in distinguishing between similar types.
- Instrument Preparation for Surgery unit discusses the importance of proper instrument handling and sterilization, including the proper placement within sterilization trays.
- A logical organization covers instruments by surgical procedures, beginning with simpler surgeries and building to more complex, specialized instruments and setups.
- Entire units focus on female reproductive surgery and pediatric surgery, both of which are key areas not well covered in other books.
- Excellent quality photographs on a consistent background enhance the detail and true color of the instruments.
- Spiral-bound format allows the book to lay flat for easier access while on the job.
By Shirley M. Tighe, RN, BA, AD in Applied Science in Photography, Consultant for the Operating Room Lake Havasu City, Arizona