Structure & Function of the Body - Softcover, 14th Edition
Simple and straightforward, Thibodeau and Patton's Structure & Function of the Body, 14th Edition makes the difficult concepts of anatomy and physiology clear and easier to understand. Focusing on the normal structure and function of the human body and what the body does to maintain homeostasis, this introductory text provides more than 400 vibrantly detailed illustrations and a variety of interactive learning tools to help you establish an essential foundation for success in the care of the human body.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UNIQUE! Downloadable audio chapter summaries on the Evolve companion website enable you to review for quizzes and exams on the go.
- UNIQUE! 31 new Animation Direct animations on the bound-in CD help you visualize difficult concepts and processes.
- Extensively revised and updated illustrations and micrographs vividly illustrate and reinforce important A&P content.
- Updated content reflects the most up-to-date understanding of human anatomy.
- A clear, straightforward approach makes complex anatomy and physiology concepts more accessible.
- UNIQUE! Each chapter reinforces your understanding of the structure and function of the human body and what the body does to maintain homeostasis.
- UNIQUE! Clear View of the Human Body allows you to peel back the layers of the human body and perform a virtual dissection.
- UNIQUE! Science Application boxes highlight practical applications of A&P content by scientific leaders.
- Quick Check boxes test your comprehension as you read through each chapter.
- Boxes and tables detail real-life applications in the areas of Health and Well Being, Clinical Applications, and Research, Issues, and Trends.
- Chapter tests, review questions, and critical thinking questions identify areas needing further study.
- Chapter outlines, objectives, study tips, and appendices help you study more effectively and find the information you need fast.
By Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI and Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO