Integrated Theory & Knowledge Development in Nursing, 8th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$72.95|
Practical and unique, Chinn and Kramer's Integrated Theory and Knowledge Development in Nursing, 8th Edition helps you understand how nursing theory and patterns of knowing complement each other to assist any nurse in making choices in research and practice. It examines various concepts of knowledge development, encouraging you to see the relationship between the different types of knowledge, reflect on important concepts, and explore how evidence-based nursing theory can be used to improve patient care.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Connect theory and knowledge to your own experience and everyday nursing practice with more exercises and examples of practical application.
- Enhance your understanding with a totally revamped Evolve online resource, featuring a new animation, 20 case studies, an image collection, key points, dozens of new PowerPoint slides, Reflection and Discussion questions for each chapter, Take-Away Activities, web links, and more.
- See how theory can be applied to practice with integrated discussions of how to use evidence-based practice to improve the quality of care.
- Gain a better understanding of the patterns of knowing and how they are all related with a full-color insert that demonstrates the fundamentals of knowing in a highly visual format.
- Discussions of theory, theory development, and the relationship of theory to nursing research and practice help you to apply what you have learned to practice.
- Master the essential features of conceptual frameworks with Interpretive Summaries that highlight exactly what you need to know.
By Peggy L. Chinn, PhD, RN, FAAN, University of Connecticut School of Nursing, Storrs, CT and Maeona K. Kramer, APRN, PhD, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT