Medical Terminology Online for Exploring Medical Language (User Guide and Access Code), 8th Edition
The perfect online companion to LaFleur's Exploring Medical Language, 8th Edition, Medical Terminology Online enhances your learning experience and helps you develop the specialized vocabulary and word analysis skills you'll need for success in today's health care professions. This online course incorporates chapter-specific learning modules, animations, narrated slide shows, and more to bring concepts to life and help you learn to confidently communicate in health care settings.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated terms and abbreviations keep you current with the latest advances in technology and changes in the health care industry.
- Enhanced design helps you learn more efficiently.
- Outcome-based learning ensures that you're meeting course objectives, provides instant feedback, and keeps your instructor up to date on your progress.
- Threaded case studies challenge you to apply terminology to real-world scenarios.
- Interactive exercises strengthen your ability to recognize and recall medical terms.
- Medical record activities help you practice identifying and interpreting medical terms located within realistic health care documents.
- End-of-module case studies link concepts together and test your understanding of essential information.
- An extensive glossary provides quick access to definitions and audio pronunciations for more than 5,000 terms in both English and Spanish.
- Animations and slide shows clarify difficult concepts not easily understood through text descriptions and static images.
- Web activities enhance your understanding of key topics and link you directly to related information.
- Self-assessment quizzes and exams enable you to track your progress and identify areas requiring further study.
- Catch That activities test your retention of key points within each module.
By Myrna LaFleur Brooks, BEd, RN, Founding President of the National Association of Health Unit Clerks/Coordinators, Faculty Emeritus, Maricopa County Community College District, Phoenix, AZ and Danielle LaFleur Brooks, MA, MEd, Education Faculty, Goddard College, Plainfield, VT