Wilderness Medicine E-Book, 5th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Manage any medical emergency you encounter in the great outdoors! Every day, more and more people are venturing into the wilderness and extreme environments...and many are unprepared for the dangers that come with these adventures. Whether these victims are stranded on mountain tops, lost in the desert, trapped deep in the woods, or injured far out at sea, this indispensable resource equips rescuers and health care professionals to diagnose and treat the full range of emergencies and health problems encountered in the wilderness!
New to This Edition
- Presents brand-new guidance on volcanic eruptions, extreme sports, splints and slings, wilderness cardiology, living off the land, aerospace medicine, mental health in the wilderness, tactical combat casualty care, and much more.
- Discusses how to meet the needs of specific patient populations such as children, women, elders, and the disabled.
- Offers guidelines for pain management, and addresses considerations for persons with chronic medical conditions.
- Equips you to make smart decisions about gear, navigation, nutrition, and survival.
- Moves all bibliographical references onto a bonus DVD in order to fit more content inside the book without making it too unwieldy.
- Prepares you to handle everything from frostbite to infection by marine microbes, not to mention other diverse injuries, bites, stings, poisonous plant exposures, animal attacks, and natural disasters.
- Introduces health care professionals to essential aspects of search and rescue.
- Helps you to improvise using available materials.
By Paul S. Auerbach, MD, MS, FACEP, FAWM, Clinical Professor of Surgery, Division of Emergency Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA