Chestnut's Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice E-Book, 4th Edition
The updated fourth edition of this comprehensive, highly respected reference covers all you need to know about obstetric anesthesia-from basic science to various anesthesia techniques to complications. The editorial team of leading authorities in the field now features Drs. Linda S. Polley, Lawrence C. Tsen, and Cynthia A. Wong and presents the latest on anesthesia techniques for labor and delivery and medical disorders that occur during pregnancy. This edition features two new chapters and rewritten versions of key chapters such as Epidural and Spinal Analgesia and Anesthesia.
New to This Edition
- Features new chapters on Patient Safety and Maternal Mortality to address the latest developments in the field and keep you current.
- Presents completely rewritten chapters on Epidural and Spinal Analgesia and Anesthesia, Anesthesia for Cesarean Section, and Hypertension Disorders, updated by new members of the editorial team-Drs. Linda S. Polley, Lawrence C. Tsen, and Cynthia A. Wong, for state-of-the-art coverage of key topics and new insights.
- Covers all the latest guidelines and protocols for safe and effective practice so you can offer your patients the very best.
- Emphasizes the treatment of the fetus and the mother as separate patients with distinct needs to ensure the application of modern principles of care.
- Delivers contributions from many leaders in the fields of obstetric anesthesia and maternal-fetal medicine from all over the world.
- Offers abundant figures, tables, and boxes that illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios.
- Presents key point summaries in each chapter for quick, convenient reference.
By David H. Chestnut, MD, David H. Chestnut, MD
Director of Medical Education
Gundersen Lutheran Health System
Professor of Anesthesiology
Associate Dean for the Western Academic Campus
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
La Crosse, Wisconsin