Mosby's Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing Assistants, 6th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$69.95|
Provide safe and effective care in any type of long-term care setting! Mosby's Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing Assistants provides a complete guide to the skills you need as a nursing assistant. More than 100 key procedures are described with clear, easy-to-learn instructions. Written by noted educator and author Sheila Sorrentino, this edition adds coverage that will help you care for residents with acute or chronic medical conditions.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapters and expanded content help you care for residents with acute and chronic conditions that previously may have required hospitalization.
- Unique! Key abbreviations are listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Unique! Multi-language vocabulary list helps you communicate with patients who speak a foreign language.
- Skills video clips on the free companion Evolve website provide visual instructions for performing key procedures.
- Content on OBRA and Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) is highlighted, emphasizing national regulations and rules Ñ this knowledge is required for certification.
- Clear, readable writing style makes the material easy to understand.
- More than 100 procedures include step-by-step instructions for completing skills, divided into pre-, procedure, and post-procedure sections.
- Over 800 full-color photos and drawings provide clear, visual explanations of concepts and actions.
- Companion CD helps you learn and review with 25 interactive procedures, along with learning exercises, an audio glossary, and the Body Spectrum A&P review.
- Promoting Safety and Comfort boxes offer guidelines to enhance safe and effective care and covers reimbursement restrictions for institution-caused conditions.
- Delegation Guidelines detail what you should know before accepting specific delegated tasks.
- Quality of Life focus reminds you to show respect for the resident with simple courtesies.
- Quality of Life boxes reinforce the importance of the resident's rights and well-being as mandated by OBRA.
- Teamwork and Time Management boxes provide specific guidelines to help you work most efficiently, whether independently or as part of the nursing team.
- Focus on Communication boxes help you communicate clearly to residents and avoid making them feel uncomfortable.
- Skills covered on the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) certification exam are marked with a special flag.
- Caring about Culture boxes help you be sensitive to the various practices of other cultures.
- Residents with Dementia boxes help you meet the special needs of residents with dementia.
- Charting examples demonstrate correct recording methods to ensure accuracy in practice.
- Spanish health care terminology in the appendix helps you communicate with Spanish-speaking residents and family members.
- Student resources on the Evolve website include skills video clips, audio glossary, useful Spanish vocabulary and phrases, skills evaluation, and checklists.
By Sheila A. Sorrentino, RN, MSN, PhD, Curriculum and Health Care Consultant, Anthem, AZ