Essentials of Assistive Technologies
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$51.97|
Master the assistive strategies you need to make confident clinical decisions and help improve the quality of life for people with disabilities with this new essentials text. Based on the Human Activity Assistive Technology (HAAT) model developed by Dr. Cook, the book provides the most important coverage of the devices, services, and practices that comprise assistive technology and focuses on the relationship between the human user and the assisted activity within specific contexts. Case studies, illustrations of assistive devices, review questions, and well-developed learning objectives help you focus on the most important areas of assistive technology application.Table of Contents
- UNIQUE! OTA focus provides you with the specific information occupational therapy assistants need to know to implement and utilize assistive technologies.
- Comprehensive coverage includes all areas of assistive technologies.
- The AT industry
- A historical perspective on the industry
- Relevant legislation
- Issues of professional practice
- Service delivery in assistive technologies
- General purpose assistive technologies
- Specific areas of application for assistive technologies
- And more
- Content derived from market leader gives you similar chapters and organization to the Principles text, but has more of a focus on the practical skills and knowledge needed for the implementation of AT.
"This book strive to support rehabilitation staff who need practical information about AT, with emphasis on implementing effective systems for consumers in clinical and community settings to facilitate increased independence in activities of daily living...There is a good balance of theory and practice, and for those who wish to focus on theory, the theory has been separated in the text to make it easier to focus on...It is well referenced, with links to aid further research, if required. The reader can also register on-line to the 'Evolve' website to add to the learning experience, with free study tools."
Irish Journal of Occupational Therapy, April 2012
By Albert M. Cook, PhD, PE, Professor and Dean, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and Janice Miller Polgar, PhD, OT, Associate Professor, School of Occupational Therapy, Elborn College, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada