Immunology and Serology in Laboratory Medicine - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$50.02|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Completely updated, the 4th edition of this classic resource offers the current, comprehensive coverage of immunology you need to stay on the cutting-edge of clinical laboratory science. It provides a solid foundation of knowledge and skills to take you from basic immunologic mechanisms and serologic concepts to the theory behind the procedures you'll perform in the lab, including automated techniques. It also explores the medical applications of clinical laboratory science, with information on disorders of infectious and immunologic origin, as well as topics such as transplantation and tumor immunology. Learning objectives, review questions, step-by-step procedures, and case studies help you master key concepts and prepare you to succeed in today's modern laboratory environment.
New to This Edition
- In addition to completely updated content throughout, four new chapters on quality assurance and quality control, basic serologic laboratory techniques, point-of-care testing, and vaccines bring you the latest advances in the field.
- Expanded coverage of automated procedures and molecular techniques keep you up to date on technology and research.
- A new full-color insert serves as a vivid visual reference and helps you more easily master complex concepts.
- A companion Evolve website offers online access to a wealth of additional review questions, content updates, and web links.
- Author Mary Louise Turgeon, a leader in the field of clinical laboratory science, shares with you her wealth of knowledge and experience in this outstanding textbook.
- The book's two-color design provides you with at-a-glance access to special features and vital information.
- In-depth chapter outlines prepare you for the material you will be learning in each chapter and help you see how the topics flow and connect to each other.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter allow you to set study goals and assess your progress as you move through the textbook.
- Highlights at the end of every chapter summarize the most important points you should take away from the chapter.
- Review questions help you assess and reinforce your understanding of chapter content.
- Case studies in many of the chapters allow you to see how key concepts apply to real-life scenarios.
- Hands-on procedure coverage in many chapters offer detailed descriptions of exactly what happens during every step of laboratory procedures.
- A convenient glossary of key terms in the back of the book provides quick access to definitions for new or unfamiliar words.
By Mary Louise Turgeon, EdD, MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA), Clinical Professor, Program Director, Department of Medical Laboratory Science, Northeastern University Boston, MA; Clinical Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Medicine, Tufts University Boston, MA