The Parkland Trauma Handbook E-Book, 3rd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Paperback||$74.95|
Whether you are a physician or surgeon with only occasional trauma duties, a resident rotating in trauma, or part of a full-time trauma team, this handbook will help keep your procedures and practices in line with the latest evidence-based guidelines. Included is current information for alternative airway management, ultrasound in the trauma setting, laparoscopic surgery in trauma, terrorism preparedness, damage control, the trauma systems quality improvement process, bedside procedures in the surgical intensive care unit, massive transfusion protocol, diagnosis of blunt cervical vascular injury, and much more.
New to This Edition
- Provides "Fast Facts" and "Pearls and Pitfalls" in each chapter that emphasize key points to help you find information quickly and easily.
- Incorporates "Evidence" boxes highlighting evidence-based guidelines, when available, to help you make more rational judgments about the issues at hand.
- Contains up-to-date coverage of timely issues in trauma and critical care including damage control, ultrasound, bedside procedures in the ICU, and terrorism preparedness.
- Reflects the numerous advances made in trauma care since the last edition.
- Presents an evidence- and experience-based guide to the evaluation and initial management of the trauma patient.
- Provides a comprehensive but concise trauma reference you can carry in your pocket.
- Consists of information direct from the residents on the frontlines at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
By Alexander L. Eastman, MD, Tactical Physician, Dallas Police Department; Assistant Medical Director, BIOTEL/Dallas Metropolitan EMS System; Fellow in Government Emergency Medical Services and Homeland Security, Dallas, TX, USA