Nutritional Foundations and Clinical Applications, 5th Edition
A Nursing Approach
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$89.95|
Now in its 5th edition, the critically acclaimed Nutritional Foundations and Clinical Applications, A Nursing Approach offers you a comprehensive, first-hand account of the ways in which nutrition affects the lives of nursing professionals and everyday people. Discussions on nutritional needs and nutritional therapy, from the nurse's perspective, define your role in nutrition, wellness, and health promotion. The dynamic author team of Grodner, Roth, and Walkingshaw utilizes a conversational writing style, and a variety of learning features help you apply your knowledge to the clinical setting. Content updates, specifically to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010, an online resource, a new logical organization, and much more prepare you to handle the challenges you face with ease.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated content to Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010 keeps you current.
- Additional questions added to case studies in the Nursing Approach boxes help you focus on practical ways you can use nutrition in practice.
- Study tools on Evolve present virtual case studies and additional questions with instant feedback to your answers that reinforce your learning.
- Online icons throughout the text refer you to the NEW Nutrition Concepts Online course content.
- A logical organization to updated and streamlined content lets you find the information you need quickly.
- Emphasis on health promotion and primary prevention stresses the adoption of a healthy diet and lifestyle to enhance quality of life.
- Content Knowledge and Critical Thinking/Clinical Applications case studies reinforce knowledge and help you apply nutrition principles to real-world situations.
- Cultural Considerations boxes discuss various eating patterns related to ethnicity and religion to help you understand the various influences on health and wellness.
- Personal Perspective boxes demonstrate the personal touch for which this book is known, and offer first-hand accounts of interactions with patients and their families.
- Health Debate and Social Issue boxes explore controversial health issues and encourage you to develop your own opinions.
- Teaching tool boxes provide tips and guidance to apply when educating patients.
- Website listings with a short narrative at the end of every chapter refer you to additional online resources.
By Michele Grodner, EdD, CHES, Professor and Nutrition Coordinator, Department of Community Health, William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ; Sara Long Roth, PhD, RD, LD, Professor and Director, Didactic Program in Dietetics, Department of Animal Science, Food, and Nutrition, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale, IL and Bonnie C. Walkingshaw, MS, RN, Professor of Nursing (retired) BSN,Clinical Coordinator School of Nursing and Health Sciences Westminister College Salt Lake City, Utah