Basic & Applied Concepts of Immunohematology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$79.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Clear and accessible, this text addresses the fundamental knowledge and skills you need to work in a blood-banking laboratory. It integrates basic theory - genetics, immunology, and immunohematology - then adds practical, problem-solving exercises. Clinical scenarios and critical thinking exercises help you apply basic concepts to modern transfusion and blood-bank settings.
New to This Edition
- NEW information reflects changes in the field, including:
- Different types of DNA testing and uses
- Automation impact and issues
- Latest donor criteria from the AABB and the FDA
- Hepatitis C and HIV NAT testing
- West Nile testing
- Bacterial contamination statistics and prevention
- Bone marrow transplant blood use
- Peripheral stem cell collection
- Cord blood collection and use
- More case studies, examples, and flow charts in the Antibody Detection and Identification chapter help to illustrate principles and practices.
- Margin Notes are added throughout to reinforce key terms and procedures.
- More review questions are added for thorough and efficient self-assessment.
- Expanded Evolve resources include web links, ArchieMD animations, and additional study questions
- Experienced authors offer a practical "in the trenches" view of life in the laboratory.
- A clinical application focus relates concepts to practice and offers examples of using theoretical information in the laboratory setting.
- Coverage of quality control assurance and regulatory issues includes the "whys" in both reagents and equipment.
- An entire chapter is devoted to basic genetics and immunology coverage.
- Blood group systems are described in easy-to-follow, student-friendly terms.
- Illustrations and tables help you understand critical information.
- A two-color design brightens the text and makes it more reader-friendly.
- Chapter outlines, review questions, learning objectives, and key terms are included in each chapter, highlighting and reinforcing important material.
- Critical Thinking exercises ask you to draw conclusions based on a case study.
- Chapter summaries include a paragraph, table, or box of the essential information.
By Kathy D. Blaney, MS, BB(ASCP)SBB, University of Central Florida, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Department of Molecular Biology & Microbiology, Orlando, FL