Integrated Pharmacology E-Book, 3rd Edition
Thoroughly updated, the 3rd Edition of this popular text continues to take its fresh approach to studying pharmacology by examining drugs in the context of the diseases they are used to treat within each body system. Drug action is clearly explained at the molecular, cellular, tissue, and organ levels. Numerous high-quality, full-color illustrations, plus at-a-glance boxes and tables, help you to more easily understand the complex ways in which modern drugs are used to treat diseases.
New to This Edition
- New sections on drug treatments in special populations, including the elderly, children, and pregnant patients
- Online USMLE-style questions that help you review the material
- More than 600 superb conceptual illustrations which clarify complex material
- Key Fact summary boxes to help you make the most of your study time
- Adverse Effect boxes that highlight critical information
- Bonus access to STUDENT CONSULT! At www.studentconsult.com, you'll find:
- The complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable
- Downloadable image bank, perfect for essays and presentations
- 50 free "Integration Links" to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles
- Content clipping for handheld devices
- An interactive community centre with a wealth of additional resources, and much more!
By Clive P. Page, MD, Professor of Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, King's College, London, UK; Brian Hoffman, MD, Professor of Medicine, Visiting Professor of Medicine, Harvard University School of Medicine; Co-Chief of Medicine, VA Boston Health Care System, Boston, MA; Michael Curtis, Reader in Pharmacology, King's College, London, UK and Michael Walker, PhD, Professor of Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada