Medical Biochemistry E-Book, 3rd Edition
Medical Biochemistry combines basic science and clinical medicine in a thorough yet accessible, easy-to-read format, and this new edition reflects the latest information on genetic and molecular biology. A new chapter and additional online case studies cover new areas in the field and help clarify difficult concepts. You'll still get the dynamic, full-color design that makes this biochemistry textbook such an effective resource - complete with case histories, advanced concept boxes, and color illustrations. And, as a Student Consult title, it is fully searchable online with a unique image library, case studies, USMLE-style questions, and online note-taking to enhance your learning experience.
New to This Edition
- Features a new chapter on Genome, Proteome and Metabolome for the latest coverage of these new areas in biochemistry, as well as one on Carbohydrates and Lipids.
- Includes expanded material on molecular biology to present the nuances of the subject and address those questions that arise during research.
- Presents 25 additional Case Studies and MCQ's online with questions and answers that reinforce the material covered.
- Demonstrates the relevance of biochemistry to practice through Clinical Boxes integrated into the text.
- Provides in-depth coverage of important topics in Advanced Concept Boxes on recent research and more.
- Explains difficult concepts by working through online case studies that help you apply basic knowledge to clinical practice.
- Presents the most common lab tests in Clinical Test Boxes that makes referencing and reviewing quick and easy.
- Offers Active Learning Boxes to allow you to test your knowledge at the end of each chapter and improve retention.
By John Baynes, MS, PhD, Graduate Science Research Center, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA and Marek H. Dominiczak, MB, PhD, MRCPath, Consultant Biochemist, Department of Pathological Biochemistry, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow, UK