Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 for Adult Health Nursing, 6th Edition
Virtual Clinical Excursions Pacific View Regional Hospital is a groundbreaking workbook/CD-ROM package that brings learning to life in a "virtual" hospital setting. This guided learning experience features textbook reading assignments that correspond with the CD-ROM and workbook activities. The workbook acts as a map, guiding students through the virtual hospital as they care for patients, helping them make connections between what they experience through the CD-ROM and what they've learned in their textbook. Each virtual hospital visit allows the student to access realistic information resources essential to patient care, resulting in a true-to-life, hands-on learning experience.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Online format enables you to access Virtual Clinical Excursions from any PC or MAC with an internet connection.
- NEW! Laboratory guide provides standard value ranges for all laboratory values offered within the virtual patient hospital, so you can confirm and compare standard lab values against your patients’ test results.
- Online workbook includes a set of lessons to prepare and guide you through a variety of patient scenarios, which are all connected to your textbook.
- Physical examination interactions include unique images and assessment findings for each patient scenario.
- Patient chart provides quick access to vital information such as physician’s orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
- Electronic patient record houses data from the patient’s entire hospital stay and offers the ability to record new data findings.
- Nurse-client interaction videos depict conversations and situations involving nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
- Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments involving medication administration.
By Barbara Lauritsen Christensen, RN, MS, Formerly, Nurse Educator, Mid-Plains Community College, North Platte, NE and Elaine Oden Kockrow, RN, MS, Formerly, Nurse Educator, Mid-Plains Community College, North Platte, NE
IBM: An IBM-compatible computer, with a Pentium III processor (or equivalent) and a minimum processor speed of 600 MHz, 128 MB of RAM, 800x600 screen size, thousands of colors, 100 MB hard drive space, 12x CD-ROM drive, Soundblaster 16 Soundcard compatible, stereo speakers or headphones, running Windows 98/NT/XP/ME 2000 Operating System or an Apple Power PC G3 with a minimum processor speed of 500 MHz, 128 MB of RAM, 800x600 screen size, thousands of colors, 100 MB hard drive space, 12x CD-ROM drive, stereo speakers or headphones, running MAC OSX (10.2.6).