The Comprehensive Respiratory Therapist Exam Review - E-Book, 5th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This title includes additional digital media when purchased in print format. For this digital book edition, media content is not included.
Prepare for success on respiratory therapy credentialing exams! Updated to reflect the 2009 National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) content outlines, Sills' The Comprehensive Respiratory Therapist's Exam Review, 5th Edition helps you review for both entry and advanced level credentialing exams. It covers every testable subject, providing content review, self-assessment questions, and study hints.
New to This Edition
- One text now covers both the entry and advanced levels of Respiratory Therapists credentialing exams, so you need only one book to prepare for CRT and RRT credentials.
- Updated content reflects the NBRC's new examination content outlines, so you get an accurate, current review.
- New coverage includes subject areas such as CPAP/BiPAP titration during sleep, hemodynamic monitoring, hyperinflation therapy, laryngeal mask airway, high frequency ventilation, oxygen titration, thoracentesis, ultrasound, and ventilator-associated pneumonia protocols.
- Unique! Exam Hint boxes point out subjects that are frequently tested, helping you study, plan your time, and improve your test-taking skills.
- Self-study questions are included at the end of each chapter, accompanied by answers and rationales in the back of the book.
- Complexity level codes (recall, application, and analysis) help you prepare for questions in the way that is most appropriate (e.g., memorization for recall or synthesis for analysis).
- NBRC content outline coding provides a code for each topic so you can be sure that you have covered every topic that might appear on the exam.
- CRT and RRT level codes speed your review by identifying the individual topics for the CRT and RRT exams, as well as topics for both.
By James R. Sills, MEd, CPFT, RRT, Professor Emeritus, Former Director, Respiratory Care Program, Rock Valley College, Rockford, IL