Berry & Kohn's Operating Room Technique, 12th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$121.00|
Berry & Kohn’s Operating Room Technique has been the text of choice for understanding basic surgical principles and techniques for more than 50 years. Highly readable, accurate, and comprehensive, it covers the "nuts and bolts" of surgical techniques in a format that makes it easy to effectively apply basic principles to clinical practice. Expert author Nancymarie Phillips emphasizes the importance of teamwork throughout, with practical strategies and examples of how cooperation among perioperative caregivers contributes to positive patient care outcomes.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Over 50 new and revised illustrations reflect the latest perioperative procedures, techniques, and equipment.
- Updated content ensures you have the latest information on key topics, including:
- Computerized documentation
- "Never Events" and reimbursement
- Credentialing and certification
- Bioterrorism and prion contamination
- Surgical hand hygiene, gowning, and gloving
- Wound healing and hemostasis
- Surgical instrumentation
- NEW! References throughout the text highlight the importance of evidence-based practice.
- Expanded coverage in the Administration of Perioperative Patient Care Services chapter features managerial approaches to TeamSTEPPS and SCIP, as well as magnet status.
- Updated physical plant information offers the latest 2011 updates concerning air-flow and room size according to AAMI standards.
- Detailed coverage presents the fundamentals of perioperative nursing and surgical technology roles.
- A strong focus on the physiological, psychological, and spiritual considerations of perioperative patients gives you the knowledge you need to plan and implement comprehensive, individualized care.
- Discussions of perioperative patient care for both inpatient and ambulatory procedures highlights key considerations for each setting, as well as for individual surgical procedures.
- In-depth discussions of patients with special needs related to age or health status helps you learn to develop of a plan of care tailored to the unique care parameters of all patients.
- Helpful features such as chapter outlines with page numbers, chapter objectives, and key terms and definitions help you quickly find important information and focus your study time.
By Nancymarie Phillips, RN, PhD, RNFA, CNOR, Director of Perioperative Education, Lakeland Community College, Kirtland, OH