Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics, 12th Edition
4-Volume Set (Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print)
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Campbell’s Operative Orthopaedics, by Drs. S. Terry Canale and James H. Beaty, continues to define your specialty, guiding you through when and how to perform every state-of-the-art procedure that's worth using. With hundreds of new procedures, over 7,000 new illustrations, a vastly expanded video collection, and new evidence-based criteria throughout, it takes excellence to a new level...because that is what your practice is all about.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- See how to proceed better than ever before with 45 surgical videos demonstrating hip revision, patellar tendon allograft preparation, open reduction internal fixation clavicle fracture, total shoulder arthroplasty, total elbow arthroplasty, and more - plus over 7,000 completely new step-by-step illustrations and photos commissioned especially for this edition.
- Make informed clinical choices for each patient, from diagnosis and treatment selection through post-treatment strategies and management of complications, with new evidence-based criteria throughout.
- Utilize the very latest approaches in hip surgery including hip resurfacing, hip preservation surgery, and treatment of hip pain in the young adult; and get the latest information on metal-on-metal hips so you can better manage patients with these devices.
- Improve your total joint arthroplasty outcomes by reviewing the long-term data for each procedure; and consider the pros and cons of new developments in joint implant technology, including "customized" implants and their effect on patient outcomes.
- Implement new practices for efficient patient management so you can accommodate the increasing need for high-quality orthopaedic care in our aging population.
- Achieve optimal outcomes with step-by-step guidance on today’s full range of procedures from Campbell’s Operative Orthopaedics - the most trusted and widely used resource in orthopedic surgery - authored by Drs. S. Terry Canale, James H. Beaty, and 42 other authorities from the world-renowned Campbell Clinic.
- Access the complete contents online with regular updates, view all the videos, and download all the illustrations at www.expertconsult.com.
"Ultimately, comparing this to other books is not possible because Campbell's truly stands alone in the market. The best exercise is not to compare it to other books, but rather to compare it to its previous editions. In this regard, it is a significant upgrade to the 10th and 11th, and worthy of purchase. If you are still depending on an older edition, then you really need to get up to date and return to the roots that you were taught in orthopedic training. Campbell's has been a foundation of orthopedic education for many years, and the newest version drives home the fact that it will remain the key reference for the foreseeable future." - Mark R Hutchinson, MD(University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine) Doody 5 stars
By S. Terry Canale, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Tennessee-Campbell Clinic, Chief of Pediatric Orthopedics, Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center, Memphis, TN and James H. Beaty, MD, Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Tennessee-Campbell Clinic, Chief of Staff, Campbell Clinic, Memphis, TN