Basic Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$105.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Basic Nursing is known for its direct, easy-to-read style and visually appealing design, making it perfect for busy nursing students. It covers all essential nursing principles, concepts, and skills and consistently follows the 5-step nursing process framework. With a strong focus on critical thinking, lead authors Patricia A. Potter and Anne Griffin Perry provide an excellent foundation for clinicals.
New to This Edition
- Chapter on evidence-based practice shows how to use research to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Chapter on informatics and documentation covers use of key resources and sets standards for understanding and updating the patient record.
- Unique! Chapter case studies demonstrate how key nursing diagnoses affect specific patients.
- Addresses the QSEN competencies for quality care and safe practice.
- Unique! Concept maps make abstract processes clear and concrete.
- Unique! Safety guidelines focus on safe and effective skills performance.
- Skills are separated at the end of Clinical chapters to increase readability.
- The 5-step nursing process provides you with a constant framework for all the clinical chapters.
- Unique! Improved readability makes it easy to understand key concepts.
- Care Plans demonstrate the application of the 5-step nursing process to individual patient problems.
- Companion CD helps you learn and apply textbook content with tutorials, audio glossaries, and video clips highlighting different skills.
- Audio chapter summaries allow for easy content review, even on the go.
- English/Spanish audio glossary provides definitions and explanations of key terms.
- Unique! Video icons direct you to videos of skills on the Evolve website for additional practice.
- Each skill includes unexpected outcomes and related interventions to alert you to what might go wrong and how to react.
- Key terms reinforce key points in the text and familiarize you with the language of nursing and health care.
- Unique! Synthesis in Practice boxes tie case studies to appropriate theory, helping you gain insight into the how? and why? of nursing care.
- Unique! Evaluation boxes provide you with a follow-up to case studies and help you relate the situation to actual practice.
- Best Practice boxes relate how research can be applied to everyday practice.
- Patient Teaching boxes instruct you how to best teach a patient about self-care.
- Care of the Older Adult boxes highlight changes that occur with aging and how they affect delivery of nursing care.
- Cultural Focus boxes alert you to care issues unique to people of specific cultural backgrounds.
- Delegation coverage teaches you to delegate appropriately for comprehensive, safe patient care.
- Key points summarize the most important information and act as a quick refresher tool.
- Review questions prepare you for the NCLEX® examination.
- Critical thinking exercises relate real scenarios to those you will encounter in clinicals and practice.
By Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Research Scientist, Siteman Cancer Center, Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO; Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL; Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, Professor, Dean Undergraduate Program, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL and Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, Professor and Chair, Dunigan Family Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN