Emergency Medicine Secrets, 5th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Emergency Medicine Secrets, 5th Edition, by Drs. Vincent J. Markovchick, Peter T. Pons, and Katherine M. Bakes, gives you the emergency medicine answers you need for successful emergency medicine care. Featuring new chapters and revised content to bring you completely up to date, this dependable review and reference retains its engaging question-and-answer format.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Understand the latest concepts in emergency medicine with all-new chapters such as Evidence-based Rational Use of Diagnostic Imaging, Common Drugs of Abuse, and One Pill Can Kill, plus extensive updates on Asthma • COPD and Pneumonia • Esophagus and Stomach Disorders • Soft-Tissue Infections • Evaluation of Fever in Children Younger than Three • Seizures in Infancy and Childhood • Acute Respiratory Disorders in Children • Evaluation of Child Abuse • Procedural Sedation and Analgesia of the Pediatric Patient • Bites and Stings • Sexual Assault • Third Trimester Complications and Delivery • Abdominal Trauma • Burns • Domestic Violence • EMTALA, JC, and HIPAA • and Medical Oversight and Disaster Management
- Stay current with thorough updates to both text and references in all chapters, and related websites added to the bibliography.
- Get the most return for your study time with the proven Secrets® format - concise, easy to read, and highly effective.
- Skim the "Top 100 Secrets" and "Key Points" boxes for a fast overview of the secrets you must know for success in practice.
- Enjoy faster, easier review and master the top issues in emergency medicine with mnemonics, lists, quick-reference tables, and an informal tone that sets this review book apart from the rest.
- Carry it with you in your lab coat pocket for quick reference or review anytime, anywhere.
By Vincent J. Markovchick, MD, FAAEM, FACEP, Clinical Professor Emeritus in Emergency Medicine, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine; Attending Staff Physician, Department of Emergency Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado; Peter T. Pons, MD, FACEP, Professor, Emergency Medicine, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado; Associate Medical Director, PreHospital Trauma Life Support, National Association of EMTs and Katherine A. Bakes, MD, Director, Denver Emergency Center for Children, Emergency Medicine Department, Denver Health Medical Center; Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine; Clinical Instructor, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Children’s Hospital of Denver, Denver, Colorado, USA