The Muscle and Bone Palpation Manual with Trigger Points, Referral Patterns and Stretching - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
With more than 1,000 vibrant, full-color illustrations and over 4 hours of detailed video demonstrations, THE MUSCLE AND BONE PALPATION MANUAL is the most visually engaging way to help you master and successfully apply palpation techniques in massage therapy. This innovative text uses unique, richly detailed photographic illustrations of muscles as they appear under the skin to give you a thorough understanding of effective palpation. This comprehensive guide provides unparalleled preparation for professional success.
- Full-color musculoskeletal overlays depict muscles and bones exactly as they appear when palpated to help you locate tissues and landmarks with confidence.
- Comprehensive palpation coverage helps you easily identify muscle names, attachments, actions, palpation steps, and more.
- Video demonstrations on two companion DVDs demonstrate and reinforce correct muscle palpation.
- Joseph Muscolino's popular, concise writing style makes the science of palpation clear and accessible, encouraging critical thinking skills.
- Trigger points and referral patterns included for each muscle provide convenient access to guidelines for additional client assessment and treatment.
- Massage-specific treatment options guide you from palpation and assessment to practical treatment application.
- Stretching protocols and illustrations broaden your treatment capabilities.
- Comprehensive Body Mechanics chapter details 10 guidelines to help maximize efficiency during practice.
- A massage stroke atlas with information on draping techniques, massage strokes, and fundamental characteristics of touch helps you efficiently treat clients.
- Detailed explanations and full color drawings for bone and bony landmark palpation provide a comprehensive resource for bone palpation.
By Joseph E. Muscolino, DC, Instructor, Purchase College, State University of New York, Purchase, NY; Owner, The Art and Science of Kinesiology, Redding, CT and Joseph E. Muscolino, DC, Instructor, Purchase College, State University of New York, Purchase, NY; Owner, The Art and Science of Kinesiology, Redding, CT