Critical Care Medicine E-Book, 3rd Edition
Here's the most clinically oriented critical care text focusing on the adult patient. In full-color and superbly illustrated with clinical photographs, imaging studies, and management algorithms, and with a broad multidisciplinary focus, this text will help you enhance your skills at any level of training.
New to This Edition
- Includes these seven new chapters to keep you on the cutting edge of your specialty:
- Assessment of Cardiac Filling and Blood Flow
- Mechanical Ventilation of Obstructive Airways Disease
- Mechanical Ventilation of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Severe Sepsis and Multiple Organ Dysfunction
- Delirium, Psychosis, Sleep and Depression in the ICU
- ICU Education
- Stands alone as a clinically oriented comprehensive reference.
- Completely updated and authorship expanded to reflect the evolution in critical care practice.
- In color for the first time, with new color schematics and treatment algorithms for greater ease of reference.
- Utilizes key points lists at the end of chapter, to help you make decisions rapidly and easily.
- Delivers key references that list other useful resources for information.
By Joseph E. Parrillo, MD, FCCM, Professor of Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey; Director of the Cooper Heart Institute, Head of Cardiovascular Disease and Critical Care Medicine, Cooper Health System, Camden, NJ; and R. Phillip Dellinger, MD, FCCM, Professor of Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey; Director, Section of Critical Care Medicine, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ