Systemic Lupus Erythematosus E-Book
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Hardback||$159.00|
This new companion to Hochberg et al.'s Rheumatology masterwork provides new insights into the causes, detection and therapy of this challenging disease. In this state-of-the-art resource, you'll find 'one stop' coverage of all the latest scientific and clinical developments in SLE: new concepts in epidemiology, disease activity measures and outcomes; new concepts in immunoregulation, genetic and pathogenic mechanisms; new understanding and novel presentation of the processes of tissue/organ damage; comprehensive coverage of clinical features; and the very latest concepts in treatment.
- Provides the very latest understanding of the pathogenesis of SLE.
- Distills current understanding of the cellular, molecular, genetic and environmental factors that instigate and drive the disease.
- Includes comprehensive coverage of clinical features, including fatigue, organ system manifestations, overlap syndromes, infections, and more.
- Conveys the very latest understanding of mechanisms of tissue damage, including immune complexes, antibodies, and other mechanisms that lead to organ damage.
- Contains expert discussion of processes that are responsible for tissue injury - a hallmark of this text.
- Incorporates the latest treatment modalities, including steroids and non-steroidals, cytotoxic drug treatment, PAP's, and therapies on the horizon.
- Discusses the latest treatment options on disease modifying or disease controlling agents.
By George C. Tsokos; Caroline Gordon; and Josef S. Smolen, MD, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Vienna and Center for Rheumatic Diseases, Lainz Hospital, Vienna, Austria