Thai Massage - E-Book, 2nd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Paperback||
This practical and highly illustrated introduction to the principles and techniques of Thai massage discusses the theories of Thai medicine and its Chinese and Ayurvedic influences. It offers clear and easy-to-follow descriptions for all Thai massage techniques accompanied by full color photographs and drawings, with arrows to indicate direction of movement. Basic explanations describe how massage therapists can use elements of these techniques and apply them immediately in their own practice. The book includes a DVD with 45 minutes of video showing techniques and routines in real time, to demonstrate appropriate pacing.
New to This Edition
- Photographs, drawings, and illustrations of techniques are now in full color, for greater clarity of concepts.
- More historical background provides a deeper understanding of this ancient medical art.
- An accompanying DVD offers a 45-minute video of a Thai massage session in real time - demonstrating procedures with proper pacing. The visual approach along with its step-by-step narration helps viewers understand how the concepts discussed in the book translate to actual practice. The book also includes DVD icons that indicate which techniques are demonstrated on the DVD.
- Increased coverage of body mechanics helps readers understand the difference between correct and incorrect technique.
- Legends below the photographs provide specific information on the muscles being pressed or stretched with each technique to help therapists understand how this art of Asian healing corresponds to Western anatomy. A new Muscle Atlas appendix helps to further identify muscles mentioned in these legends.
- A new chapter, Correlations to Yoga, outlines the correlations between specific Thai massage procedures and yoga postures to help therapists incorporate Yoga into their practices.
- A new chapter, Suggested Sequences, provides guidelines for 60-, 90-, and 120-minute sessions - taking the guesswork out of planning Thai massage sessions.
- Gives clear and easy-to-follow descriptions for each technique.
- Techniques can be used alone, in conjunction with other forms of massage, or to facilitate Yoga and other meditation practices.
- Clinically valuable and practical explanations of how to use elements of the procedures make it easy for therapists to enrich their practice with these techniques -- whether applying all of the methods, or starting with stretches alone.
- Features an icon throughout the text that calls attention to precautions therapists must be aware of for safe and effective sessions.
- Includes a 45-minute DVD presenting video of techniques and routines in real time, to demonstrate proper pacing.