Adolescent Medicine E-Book
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
This concise, evidence-based resource covers all of today's need-to-know information to quickly and effectively diagnose and manage common adolescent conditions...in an exceptionally user-friendly format. Because it's so compact, clinically oriented, and easy to read, Adolescent Medicine: The Requisites in Pediatrics is an ideal study tool as well as a convenient reference for practice.
- Includes detailed discussions on special health issues, common medical problems, sexual and reproductive health, behavioral problems, and the transition to adult health care to help you gain a better understanding of the unique needs of the adolescent patient.
- Features a logical, consistent chapter format that helps you find the guidance you need quickly.
- Presents abundant tables, differential diagnoses, lab values/radiologic studies, treatment/therapy recommendations, and guidance on when to refer to a specialist equipping you for every clinical challenge.
- Discusses controversies concerning the standard of care with the aid of thought-provoking clinical scenarios to help you to determine the best course of action in difficult situations.
- Provides highlighted boxes that emphasize relevant case studies, key points of each section, and other important information making you aware of considerations that impact today's practice.
- Uses a wealth of illustrations so you can see details more clearly.
By Gail B. Slap, MD, MS, Rauh Professor of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine, Director, Division of Adolescent Medicine, Cincinnati Children's Hospital