Comprehensive Hypertension E-Book
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Here is today's most in-depth reference for any cardiologist, internist, or nephrologist interested in hypertension. Drawing from international experience in cardiology, physiology, and nephrology, Drs. Lip and Hall have assembled a group of section editors and contributors second to none. You'll find the long-term effects of primary and secondary hypertension and a lengthy section on hypertensions for special populations featured prominently. Prevention and treatment of hypertension are covered in detail, from lifestyle and diet issues to drug choice and delivery, and the section on comparison of guidelines is unique to this book.
- Find comprehensive coverage of hypertension including pathogenesis, prevention, and treatment all in one practical volume.
- See the complete systemic problems of hypertension at a glance with detailed, full-color illustrations of cellular and clinical manifestations.
- Simplify navigating the complexities of hypertension using algorithms for clinical exam and diagnosis.
- Get specific insight into prevention and treatment of hypertension in special populations.
- Go global with a comprehensive section on worldwide guidelines and the application of clinical material to local standards of practice.
By Gregory Y. H. Lip, Consultant Cardiologist, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital Birmingham, UK; and John E. Hall, PhD, Guyton Professor and Chair, Department of Physiology & Biophysics, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS