Foundations of Manual Lymph Drainage E-Book, 3rd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Paperback||$39.95|
This manual lymph drainage guide covers the anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system, providing key background information necessary for effective treatment. Chapters are structured according to anatomic regions, focusing on the lymphatic knots and their tributary regions in the throat, armpit, trunk, and groin. Photographs illustrate the lymphatic knots and lymphatic courses, which are drawn on the human body, and provide a clear picture of the structures to be treated. Designated points are numbered to illustrate the progression of treatment in each region. Also includes coverage of complete decongestive therapy (CDT).
New to This Edition
- The text has been completely updated to reflect the latest techniques in lymph drainage therapy.
- Coverage of individual treatment strokes and stroke sequences have been updated, with more comprehensive descriptions and detailed photos that illustrate proper hand placement, pressure, and movement.
- Expanded coverage of complete decongestive therapy, including a CDT survey - consisting of the case history, examination, and palpation - that can be used to gather valuable information to formulate therapeutic goals and evaluate treatment results.
- Explains procedures in a detailed, step-by-step format.
- Features a helpful chart of lymph node groups and their tributary regions that outlines each lymph node as it pertains to a specific anatomical region.
- Key information is summarized in the margins, making it easier for readers to review what they've read and focus on important topics.
- Self-test questions provide an excellent means for readers to assess their comprehension and review key material in the book. These questions are also helpful in preparing for exams.
- Two-color illustrations help the reader visualize and learn theoretical aspects of this therapy.