Smith's Anesthesia for Infants and Children E-Book, 7th Edition
The gold standard in pediatric anesthesia references is back in a thoroughly revised and updated New Edition. Once again, renowned contributors offer exhaustive discussions of basic science and clinical practice for every aspect of the specialty. A wealth of new chapters, new content, and a new DVD-ROM featuring video and color-slide presenta-tions make this resource a must-have. Anesthesia & Analgesia called the previous edition "a modern classic" and noted that "each chapter is well written, clear, and concise."
New to This Edition
- Offers new chapters on office-based anesthesia, fetal surgery, neonatal emergencies, and perioperative psychological preparation.
- Presents expanded coverage of physiologic principles, monitoring techniques, pharmacology, organ transplant anesthesia, and plastic surgery.
- Integrates the knowledge and expertise of many new contributors from top international institutions.
- Examines nearly every area of pediatric surgery, from cardiac operations through oral procedures.
- Integrates the latest practice guidelines throughout the text.
- Features useful appendices that detail drug dosages, growth curves, normal values for pulmonary function tests, and a listing of common and uncommon syndromes.
- Includes a DVD-ROM containing video and color-slide presentations on airway management, cardiac anesthesia, single-lung ventilation, regional anesthesia, neonatal surgery, and fetal surgery.
By Etsuro K. Motoyama, MD, Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Department of Pediatrics (Pulmonology), University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine; Attending Anesthesiologist and Pulmonologist, Childrens Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA; and Peter J. Davis, MD, Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine; Anesthesiologist-in-Chief, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA.