Becker-Shaffer's Diagnosis and Therapy of the Glaucomas E-Book, 8th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Hardback||
Authored by three prominent specialists in the field, this text provides comprehensive coverage of diagnostic and treatment modalities for optimal glaucoma management. Revised throughout, this new edition presents the latest guidance in clinical examination, randomized trials, medical treatment, laser therapy, and surgical procedures. Hundreds of illustrations-with many classic black and white figures from the previous editions supplemented with new color images-depict the features of glaucomas and step-by-step procedures for their management, while expanded use of highlighted boxes, lists, and summary tables make the material easy to access. Evidence-based and updated information on all aspects of the glaucomas-including physiology, genetics, interventional trials, and new surgical techniques-offer a well-rounded foundation of knowledge for making the most informed diagnoses and choosing the most effective course of treatment.
New to This Edition
- Synthesizes a classical approach to the glaucomas-based on seven earlier editions spanning over 40 years-with the most up-to-date evidence-based and epidemiologically-derived classifications and outcomes.
- Coherently correlates with authoritative consensus documents on key areas of glaucoma, drawn up by the world-wide specialists of the World Glaucoma Association, and reprinted in the text.
- Revamps traditional teachings on the angle closure glaucomas, in concert with the newest international literature and technologies, to keep you up to date on the latest advances.
- Illustrates detailed surgical interventions applicable to the complete spectrum of clinical settings-from the developing world through contemporary operating rooms.
- Examines the newest and most promising developments in pharmacology, laser and surgical advances for glaucoma management, to enable you to choose the most effective patient approach.
- Illustrates invaluable but little-known instruments for clinical and research diagnoses, including optic nerve cupping scales, bleb assessment instruments, and more.
- Combines the cumulative experience of three prominent glaucoma specialists-addressing a full range of clinical needs for practitioners of all levels-for a uniquely written coherent perspective.
- Includes extensive references to current and historically important sources to provide comprehensive interpretation of the latest medical literature.
By Robert L. Stamper, MD, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA; Marc F. Lieberman, MD, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA and Michael V. Drake, MD, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA