Nursing Interventions & Clinical Skills, 5th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$91.95|
With its new condensed format, completely reorganized and updated content, respected author team, and new lower price, Perry and Potter's Nursing Interventions and Clinical Skills, 5th Edition is your all-around best choice for learning the skills and techniques you'll use every day in practice. Covering 181 skills, this highly accessible manual conveniently groups all related skills together, so you can find information quickly. The companion Evolve website features 50 video clips, skills checklists, and much more, ensuring your successful mastery of each skill.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Content has been reorganized to make topics easier to find, improving ease of use.
- Covers new topics that will help you develop the skills needed to practice according to the TJC and ACCN recommendations.
- Covers new skills that will prepare you for nursing practice in a wide variety of environments.
- Features a unique new chapter, Using Evidence in Practice, that introduces you to using evidence to solve clinical problems.
- Introduces you to Consistent Patient Identification Protocol as recommended by The Joint Commission, improving quality of care and patient safety.
- Includes enhanced and greatly expanded end-of-chapter exercises, now featuring case study questions, NCLEX alternate format questions, and multiple-choice questions.
- Contains 180 skills and techniques (basic, intermediate, and advanced) you'll use every day in practice.
- Presents every skill in a logical, consistent format: Assessment, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation -- improving the quality of patient care.
- Pairs each step with an appropriate rationale, helping you understand and remember why specific techniques are used.
- Features Safety Alerts that highlight unusual risks inherent in the next step of the skill, helping you plan ahead at each step of nursing care.
- Uses a Glove icon as a reminder to don clean gloves before proceeding to the next step of the skill, improving patient safety.
- Guides you in Delegation and Collaboration, explaining when to delegate a skill to assistive personnel, and indicating what key information must be shared.
- Highlights Special Considerations such as information unique to pediatric or geriatric patients, to raise awareness of additional risks you may face when caring for a diverse patient population.
- Provides sample documentation of nurses notes so that you can learn to communicate effectively to the patient care team.
- Contains multimedia resources such as video clips, skills performance checklists, interactive exercises, and more, all easily available to you on the companion Evolve website at no additional cost.
By Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL; Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Research Scientist, Siteman Cancer Center, Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO and Martha Keene Elkin, RN, MSN, IBCLC, Nursing Educator for Associate Degree Nursing, Private Practice Lactation Consultant, Mother Care of Maine, Comprehensive Breastfeeding Services, Sumner, ME; Formerly, Lactation Counselor, Stephens Memorial Hospital, Norway, ME