ECGs Made Easy - Book and Pocket Reference - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$67.95|
|Print - Paperback||$67.95|
New to This Edition
- A new two-column design adds visual appeal and makes content easier to read.
- 49 new anatomical drawings and 51 new skills photos are included, for a total of almost 400 illustrations -- all in full color.
- Eight new illustrated, step-by-step skills include easy-to-follow instructions for performing basic techniques.
- Stop and Review chapter quizzes are expanded to include 200 practice ECG tracings, and now include answers at the end of each chapter.
- Learning objectives are added within text content to emphasize key points.
- An expanded companion CD includes ECG video clips and 100 more ECG strips with interpretation on PowerPoint -- for a total of 250 practice strips.
- Clear ECG discussions highlight what students need to know about ECG mechanisms, rhythms, and heart blocks: How Do I Recognize It? What Causes It? What Do I Do About It?
- Chapter objectives and key terms focus students on the most important information.
- ECG Pearl boxes give useful hints for interpreting ECGs, such as the importance of the escape pacemaker.
- Drug Pearl boxes highlight various medications used to treat dysrhythmias.
- Introduction to the 12-Lead ECG chapter provides all the basics for this advanced skill, including determining electrical axis, ECG changes associated with myocardial ischemia and infarction, bundle branch block, and other conditions.
- A comprehensive post-test is included at the end of the book to evaluate student comprehension.
- A heart rate calculator ruler is included with each textbook, so students can measure heart rates while practicing ECG recognition.
By Barbara J Aehlert, RN, BSPA, Southwest EMS Education Inc., Phoenix, AZ and Pursley, TX, USA