Secrets Heart & Lung Sounds Audio Workshop, 2nd Edition
Companion to Physical Diagnosis Secrets (with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access)
Master the challenging clinical skill of heart and lung auscultation
New to This Edition
Secrets Heart & Lung Sounds Audio Workshop, 2nd Edition, by Salvatore Mangione, MD, is the perfect virtual teacher for mastering your skills in heart and lung auscultation. This high-quality audio—re-recorded in the 2nd Edition for enhanced audio reproduction—presents a full spectrum of both normal and abnormal heart and lung sounds, recorded from actual patients and interspersed into a lively and informative lecture format. Dr Mangione walks you through approximately 25 cases, asking questions about the sounds that you hear, explaining the answers, and presenting guidelines and helpful tips on the interpretation and analysis. Specific sounds can be accessed either directly or through listening to a complete program. A transcript of the lecture is available online, enabling you to follow along and view important figures that support the audio presentation. Online access to the manual via Student Consult further enhances your study of the material and exponentially boosts your reference power.
- Access Student Consult at www.studentconsult.com where you'll find the complete text of the lecture.
- Presents actual samples of heart and lung sounds from real patients for step-by-step guidance on how to interpret, differentiate, and identify both normal and abnormal presentations.
- Features an engaging lecture format—similar to that found in the Secrets Q&A—that aids retention and recall of information.
- Uses a sequential and algorithmic approach to teach chest auscultation in a practical manner.
- Includes an online lecture, enabling you to follow along and view important figures that support the audio presentation.
- Offers the perfect supplement to Physical Diagnosis Secrets 2nd Edition by presenting an audio accompaniment that delivers a complete education for mastering this challenging clinical skill.
- Features completely re-recorded audio that offers clearer sounds for enhanced learning.
- Includes an expanded cardiac section for an improved educational experience.
- Presents a completed re-recorded Lung section that incorporates updates in Dr. Mangione’s award-winning lectures.
By Salvatore Mangione, MD, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Center for Research in Medical Education and Health Care; Director, Physical Diagnosis Curriculum, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA