Pediatric Skills for Occupational Therapy Assistants - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
New to This Edition
- UNIQUE! Demonstrates how concepts apply to practice with video clips on the Evolve website that exhibit pediatric clients involved in a variety of occupational therapy interventions.
- UNIQUE! Prepares you for new career opportunities with content on emerging practice areas such as community systems.
- UNIQUE! Offers new assessment and intervention strategies with the addition of content on Model of Human Occupation (MOHO) assessments and physical agent modalities (PAMS).
- Provides the latest information on current trends and issues such as childhood obesity, documentation, neurodevelopmental treatment (NDT), and concepts of elongation.
- Utilizes a family-centered perspective, using the terminology of the AOTA Practice Framework, which focuses on tailoring the OT approach to meet the needs of children within the context of their own environments.
- Includes evidence-based content such as clinical trials and outcome studies that demonstrate the basis for OTA best practices.
- Presents case examples that show how key concepts apply to real-life situations.
- UNIQUE! Features expert advice and tips from the authors and contributors in highlighted Clinical Pearls boxes.
- Addresses cultural diversity and sensitivity to introduce you to the wide groups of people that OTAs treat.
- Incorporates prevention as a role OTA's have in addition to intervention and treatment.
- Contains suggested activities in each chapter that help bridge the gap between the classroom and the clinic.
- Prepares you for the information you're expected to learn from the chapter with key terms, chapter outlines, and chapter objectives at the beginning of each chapter.
- Helps you assess and evaluate what you've learned with review questions and summaries at the end of each chapter.
- UNIQUE! Evolve website offers a variety of video clips and learning activities to help reinforce the material you learn in the text.
By Jean W. Solomon, MHS, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist, Berkeley County School District, Moncks Corner, SC; Jane Clifford O'Brien, PhD, OTR/L, Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy Department, Westbrook College of Health Professions, University of New England, Portland, ME; Jean W. Solomon, MHS, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist, Berkeley County School District, Moncks Corner, SC and Jane Clifford O'Brien, PhD, OTR/L, Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy Department, Westbrook College of Health Professions, University of New England, Portland, ME