Nursing Skills Online Version 2.0 for Basic Nursing (User Guide and Access Code), 7th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
New to This Edition
- A new Blood Therapy module covers principles of the ABO and RH systems, initiating transfusion, implementing auto-transfusion, and monitoring for adverse reactions.
- The Debriefing Room offers a capstone critical thinking exercise for each module, asking you to watch a video scenario and evaluate skill performance.
- Cultural Considerations sections address variations in approach to patients of differing cultures during performance of the skills.
- Information on delegation is included within all case studies.
- New video clips from Mosby's Nursing Video Skills, Version 3.0 demonstrate updated techniques and procedures.
- New animations help you visualize concepts.
- New photos depict the most current information on equipment and techniques.
- Reformatted procedure guidelines are easier to display and print.
- Reading assignments link Nursing Skills Online to content in the Basic Nursing text.
- An easy-to-read, bulleted format and small segments of information make it easier to master information.
- The case-based/problem-oriented format relates content to real-life patient scenarios and promotes critical thinking.
- Interactive activities allow you to check your understanding of the material.
- Self-assessment exercises allow you to test your knowledge of key concepts, with correct answers and rationales provided for immediate feedback.
- Video clips of procedures can be viewed from start to finish, paused, or repeated as desired.
- Photos and illustrations clarify and highlight key information.
- Objectives, equipment lists, and delegation responsibilities at the beginning of each lesson focus your attention on important information.
- Printable procedure guides make it easy to study or review anytime, anywhere.
- Lesson posttests allow you to evaluate your comprehension and review any areas of weakness before taking the module exam, and may be repeated as often as you want.
By Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL; Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Research Scientist, Siteman Cancer Center, Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO; Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, Professor, Dean Undergraduate Program, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL and Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, Professor and Chair, Dunigan Family Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN