Nursing Theory - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$63.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
With a consistent focus on application throughout, Nursing Theory covers the development of nursing theory; the application of different nursing theories, models and philosophies; and the expansion of these practices with a look toward the future. Nursing Theory provides the opportunity for students who have learned the background of nursing theory using the companion title, Nursing Theorists and Their Work, to apply what they have learned to actual nursing practice through various patient scenarios.
New to This Edition
- Updated nursing application examples feature realistic scenarios that promote evidence-based practice. Scenarios have been updated using references to current literature and evidence-based clinical research.
- New information on the benefits and cautions associated with evidence-based practice, including a new discussion of "praxis," a dynamic process where theory and practice come together.
- Updated critical thinking exercises reflect the role of the nursing professional and advanced nursing practice, encouraging a higher level of thinking regarding the integration of theory and practice.
- Features two case history boxes in each chapter: one with a patient named Debbie, whom the reader can follow throughout the book, and another with a patient from a unique cultural or religious perspective. These case histories provide realistic examples of how to apply theory to the clinical side of nursing, as well as show common exceptions to the standard care plans.
- Includes a unique chapter on Philosophies, Models, and Theories: Moral Obligations, which explores the moral and ethical meaning of nursing practice and specific nursing duties.
- Logically organized for easier understanding: Conceptualization (history of nursing theory), Application (how to apply theory to practice), and Expansion (how to expand theory-based practice)
- Gives practical examples of how to apply the theories taught in the companion volume, Nursing Theorists and Their Work.
By Martha Raile Alligood, PhD, RN, ANEF, Professor and Director, PhD program, College of Nursing, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, USA