Introduction to Research, 4th Edition
Understanding and Applying Multiple Strategies
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$67.95|
Bridge the gap between research and practice with DePoy and Gitlin's Introduction to Research: Understanding and Applying Multiple Strategies, 4th Edition. This completely updated, user-friendly text helps you better understand not only the research process, but also research designs and their applications to the real world of clinical practice. Covering multiple research strategies (including both qualitative and quantitative research), it gives you a balanced approach to various research traditions, addressing emerging key issues in today's health care environment.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Reflects recent changes in the field, including new material on preparing poster presentations, community and participatory research, translation issues, and advanced scale development, giving you the tools you need to devise successful research studies.
- Includes expanded evidence-based material and occupational therapy-specific information, discussing the methods used in each study.
- Offers a balanced approach to various research methods and multiple research strategies, including qualitative, quantitative, naturalistic and experimental-type, and more.
- Presents complex information in a clear, highly readable, and easy-to-understand manner.
- Keeps information relevant to today's health care environment with real-world "snapshots" and a final Stories from the Field chapter.
- Includes detailed discussions of qualitative and quantitative methodologies, a unique and balanced focus that makes this text more comprehensive than others in its field.
- Covers experimental-type, naturalistic, and mixed method design strategies, improving your ability to compare, contrast, and integrate different methods.
- Evolve online resources include statistics math tips to accompany Chapter 19, crossword puzzles, useful weblinks, and sample forms.
"Providing a bridge between research and practice, this text for undergraduate and advanced students in the health and human services helps readers develop their clinical intuition to inform research, thinking, and action. Early chapters cover philosophical foundations and offer guidelines on reviewing the literature and formulating research questions. Design approaches are then described, covering both experimental-type designs and naturalistic inquiry designs, and practical actions are explained, such as setting the boundaries of a study, collecting info, and statistical analysis. Stories from the authors' own research practice demonstrate how to improve practice through inquiry. This fourth edition contains new material on ethics and informed consent documentation, and a new chapter on seeking financial support for research ideas, plus practical hints for getting started writing a research proposal. A student website offers background on statistics, web links, sample forms, and reference lists linked to PubMed abstracts. DePoy teaches interdisciplinary disabilities studies and social work at the University of Maine. Gitlin teaches occupational therapy at Thomas Jefferson University."
- Book News, Inc.
By Elizabeth DePoy, PhD, OTR, MSW, University of Maine, Orono, ME and Laura N. Gitlin, PhD, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA