Introduction to Research - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$42.87|
|Print - Paperback||$65.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Bridge the gap between research and practice with DePoy and Gitlin's Introduction to Research: Understanding and Applying Multiple Strategies, 4th Edition. This completely updated, user-friendly text helps you better understand not only the research process, but also research designs and their applications to the real world of clinical practice. Covering multiple research strategies (including both qualitative and quantitative research), it gives you a balanced approach to various research traditions, addressing emerging key issues in today's health care environment.
New to This Edition
- Reflects recent changes in the field, including new material on preparing poster presentations, community and participatory research, translation issues, and advanced scale development, giving you the tools you need to devise successful research studies.
- Includes expanded evidence-based material and occupational therapy-specific information, discussing the methods used in each study.
- Offers a balanced approach to various research methods and multiple research strategies, including qualitative, quantitative, naturalistic and experimental-type, and more.
- Presents complex information in a clear, highly readable, and easy-to-understand manner.
- Keeps information relevant to today's health care environment with real-world "snapshots" and a final Stories from the Field chapter.
- Includes detailed discussions of qualitative and quantitative methodologies, a unique and balanced focus that makes this text more comprehensive than others in its field.
- Covers experimental-type, naturalistic, and mixed method design strategies, improving your ability to compare, contrast, and integrate different methods.
- Evolve online resources include statistics math tips to accompany Chapter 19, crossword puzzles, useful weblinks, and sample forms.
By Elizabeth DePoy, PhD, OTR, MSW, University of Maine, Orono, ME and Laura N. Gitlin, PhD, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA