Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$59.12|
|Print - Paperback||$90.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Up to date and easy to read, this textbook provides comprehensive coverage of all major concepts of health promotion and disease prevention. It highlights growth and development throughout the life span, emphasizing normal development as well as the specific problems and health promotion issues common to each stage. All population groups are addressed with separate chapters for individuals, families, and communities.
New to This Edition
- Updated nutrition coverage includes MyPyramid from the FDA, as well as the latest information on food safety and fad diets.
- Expanded health policy coverage focuses on global health, historical perspectives, financing healthcare, concierge medical practices, and the hospitalist movement.
- Health Promotion for the Twenty-First Century explores current and future health promotion challenges and research initiatives.
- Updated Healthy People 2010 data includes midcourse review objectives and an introduction to Healthy People 2020.
- Case Studies and Care Plans summarize key concepts and show how they apply to real-life practice.
- UNIQUE! The assessment framework for this textbook is based on Gordon's Functional Health Patterns and offers a consistent presentation of content and a health promotion approach.
- Extensive coverage of growth and development throughout the life span emphasizes the unique problems and health promotion needs of each stage of development.
- UNIQUE! Think About It boxes present a realistic clinical scenario and critical thinking questions.
- UNIQUE! Multicultural Awareness boxes present cultural perspectives important to care planning.
- Research Highlights boxes discuss current research efforts and research opportunities in health promotion.
- UNIQUE! Hot Topics boxes explore significant issues, trends, and controversies in health promotion to spark critical discussion and debate.
- UNIQUE! Innovative Practice boxes offer examples of unique and creative health promotion programs and projects.
By Carole Lium Edelman, APRN, MS, CS, CMC, Director of Outpatient Programs, Waveny Care Center, New Canaan, CT; Associate Faculty Member, Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, CT; Fellow, Brookdale Center on Aging; Hunter College, New York, NY and Carol Lynn Mandle, PhD, RN, CS, FNP, Associate Professor, Boston College School of Nursing, Chestnut Hill, MA; Family Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist and Scientist, Mind-Body Medical Institute, Boston, MA; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA; Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA