Clinical Companion to Medical-Surgical Nursing, 8th Edition
Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||
- Disorders section covers commonly encountered medical-surgical conditions in a consistent, clinically relevant presentation that includes:
- Clinical Manifestations
- Diagnostic Studies
- Collaborative Care (including Drug Therapy, where relevant)
- Nursing Management
- Nursing Diagnoses (using the most current NANDA terminology)
- Nursing Interventions
- Patient and Caregiver Teaching
- Treatments and Procedures section provides need-to-know information on common medical-surgical treatments and procedures.
- Reference Appendix features key reference information commonly used in nursing practice, including laboratory values, commonly used formulas, and Spanish translations of key phrases.
- Patient teaching content is highlighted with a special icon, identifying information that patients and caregivers need to know about the care of various conditions.
- Cross-references to Lewis: Medical-Surgical Nursing, 8th Edition make it easy to locate more in-depth information.
By Sharon L. Lewis, RN, PhD, FAAN, Research Professor, Castella Distinguished Professor, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas; Shannon Ruff Dirksen, RN, PhD, Associate Professor, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ; Margaret M. Heitkemper, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, School of Nursing, Adjunct Professor, Division of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA and Linda Bucher, RN, PhD, CEN, Professor, School of Nursing, University of Delaware; Nursing Research Facilitator, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, Delaware