Infection Control and Management of Hazardous Materials for the Dental Team - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$63.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Maintain safety and infection control in the dental office with Infection Control and Management of Hazardous Materials for the Dental Team, Fourth Edition. This practical and comprehensive resource covers the basic concepts of infectious disease and infection control, including step-by-step descriptions of specific procedures and supplies and equipment needed for disease prevention. The Fourth Edition features new chapters on the latest topics impacting office safety and the most current regulatory recommendations for protection of dental patients and dental workers. No matter what your role on the dental team, this text will help you implement infection control in everyday practice.
New to This Edition
- An account of the first reported patient-to-patient spread of the hepatitis B virus in a dental office
- A detailed description of the three types of steam sterilizers including the newest type B office model vacuum sterilizer
- Information on the wipe-discard-wipe approach to surface disinfection
- NEW chapter on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) helps you understand OSHA standards and know how to respond in the event of an inspection.
- Two new tables on office safety management: Measure the Effectiveness of an Infection Control Program and Examples of What to Evaluate in a Dental Office Infection Control Evaluation Program
- NEW chapter on medical tourism looks at the practice of traveling internationally to obtain health care
- NEW chapter on greener infection control addresses the impact that infection control procedures can have on the environment and provides suggestions for developing a more eco-friendly program.
- Addition of Guidelines for Preventing the Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis In Health-Care Settings, 2005, Dental-Care Settings Excerpt
- A new accompanying EVOLVE site provides a variety of learning resources, including answers for the Review Questions found at the end of each chapter and a printable version of the Exposure Incident Report.
- Follows dental curricula requirements for infection control
- Subject matter is organized logically, making it easier to successfully comprehend the material.
- Tables are used throughout the text to highlight similarities and differences among related topics; boxes draw your attention to the information you need to remember most.
- Line drawings and photos show the latest equipment, supplies, and procedures.
- Selected readings at the end of each chapter provide sources of further information on the topics discussed.
- The Glossary defines all key terms in one convenient place.
- The Resource List includes organizations, federal agencies, and website addresses to help you stay current on rapidly changing topics.
By Chris H. Miller, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Indiana University School of Dentistry, Indianapolis, IN; and Charles John Palenik, MS, Indiana University School of Dentistry, Indianapolis, IN