Mosby's Essentials for Nursing Assistants, 4th Edition
Ideal for shorter, more focused courses, this concise text provides coverage of the concepts and skills that are essential for becoming a nursing assistant. It clearly and logically presents the responsibilities of the nursing assistant in a readable, highly visual format that appeals to learners of all levels.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Focus On the Pride boxes emphasize Personal and professional responsibility, Rights and respect, Independence and social interaction, Delegation and teamwork, and Ethics and Laws providing a convenient overview of key elements of the nursing assistant’s responsibilities in providing competent patient care, and reminds readers that this caregiver role is one they can take pride in performing.
- Focus on Communication boxes includes guidelines for how to communicate most clearly to residents/patients and how to avoid making them feel uncomfortable emphasizing the importance of good communication while providing practical tips.
- Key Abbreviations are now listed at the beginning of each chapter to help familiarize readers with commonly used abbreviations.
- Includes three new chapters on Preventing Falls; Safely Handling, Moving, and Transferring the Person; and Mental Health Problems.
- Written at a clear, readable 7th grade reading level.
- More than 500 full-color illustrations highlight key concepts and procedures providing a clear, visual explanation of concepts and actions.
- Covers over 75 procedures, divided into pre-procedure, procedure, and post-procedure sections for easier learning.
- Chapter Review Questions at the end of each chapter help readers reinforce and evaluate what they've learned.
- Caring About Culture boxes contain information to help readers learn about the practices and beliefs of other cultures.
- Persons with Dementia boxes outline special factors to consider when caring for persons with dementia.
- NNAAP in select procedure title bars alerts readers to skills that are part of the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program.
- UNIQUE! Mosby's Nursing Assistant CD-ROM, bound in the text, includes 25 procedures with corresponding video clips & exercises, an audio glossary, and Body Spectrum - an electronic anatomy coloring book.
By Sheila A. Sorrentino, RN, MSN, PhD, Curriculum and Health Care Consultant, Anthem, AZ; Leighann Remmert, BSN, RN, Clinical Instructor, Capital Area School of Practical Nursing, Springfield, IL and Bernie Gorke, BS, MA, Gerontology Consultant, New England, ND